A_ Data Collection
sunglasscurator.com website is owned and run by PHILOSO-PHY 08 HOLDING srl, with registered office on 18 Constantin Aricescu St., Bucharest 011685, Romania. Our website system is the controller of your personal data and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
B_ What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect your personal data when you place an order, contact our Customer Care team, sign up for our marketing communications, browse our website or use other services offered by our website (www.sunglasscurator.com). The data we collect includes details you provide to us (eg. name, shipping and billing addresses etc) and data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website.
We process the personal data required to complete and despatch your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order. sunglasscurator.com does NOT receive, process or register ANY of your credit card details and has NO access to this data.
When registering an account, we collect your name, email address, password, country and additional data regarding your marketing preferences. If you provide us with someone else's data - for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift - we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend. If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfil the gift request and our contractual obligations.
C_ Use of Personal Data and Cookies
We use your personal data to:
- Take your orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased
- Detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities; Personal information that you provide may be disclosed without your consent to a fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Your data may be transmitted to the police, judicial and administrative authorities, in accordance with the law, for the investigation and prosecution of crimes, the prevention of and protection from threats to public security, to allow PHILOSO-PHY 08 HOLDING srl to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court, as well as for other reasons related to the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.
- Provide any additional services you have requested, such as Personalised Eyewear Recommendations
- Give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as Wish Lists and product alerts
- Deliver our newsletter, if you are a subscriber, but only ever in accordance with your preferences; We do not sell your details to third party marketing companies. Please note you can opt out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
- Provide you with help and assistance via our Customer Care team
- Personalize your visit to the website and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies.
When you browse sunglasscurator.com, we collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
sunglasscurator.com uses device identifiers such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, as well as geo location information, IoT technologies and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your browsing history, hashed email addresses, and your web log information.
We employ three types of cookies (very small files that are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future:
- Website functionality cookies: These cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists
- Website analytics cookies: We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Social sharing cookies: We use social sharing buttons for services including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Google+. These allow you to share pages with your friends via those networks. While you will be asked to log in to use these services, this process is handled directly with the social sharing providers and their databases and servers. These sites may also monitor your usage of these buttons, through the use of external tracking codes that are required to run the buttons on this website.
By using sunglasscurator.com you agree with our use of customer personal data and placement of cookies on your devices so we access them when you visit the site in the future..
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
To help ensure a safe and simple shopping experience, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send to us over the internet. If SSL is enabled then you will see a padlock at the top of your browser, where you will also see it begins with 'https:' instead of the normal 'http:'. This means that you are in secure mode.
D_ Transfer of data in and outside EU
Your personal data will be processed by the internal team at sunglasscurator.com who have been precisely trained and authorised for this processing. Your personal data will also be transmitted to third parties that we use to provide our services: online payment processors, companies specialising in IT, couriers; companies that carry out marketing activities, including social media organisations; companies specialising in market research and data processing. These parties are compliant with the legislation on the processing of personal data.
Some of the third parties listed above may be located in countries outside the European Union that nevertheless offer an adequate level of data protection, as established by specific decisions of the European Commission.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies in the defence of legal claims.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
E_ Your rights
Under the GDPR Law (General Data Protection Regulation), you have the right to:
- Know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data
- Request the update and correction of the data we hold about you
- Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose
- Request deletion of your data from our systems
- Limit or oppose our processing of your data
- Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you.
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +40756390925 or +40212320031.